Scientific Researcher with the possibility of doctorate/postdoctoral researcher: Novel mathematical approaches for inverse modeling to determine greenhouse gas emissions
We are looking to grow our team from September 2023 onwards. For that we are searching for a researcher (PhD student, Postdoc) who can contribute to the topic "novel mathematical approaches for inverse modeling to determine greenhouse gas emissions". Here you can find our current job announcement.
Open positions for PhD candidates in the ERC project CoSense4Climate
Within the ERC project CoSense4Climate, the Professorship of Environmental Sensing and Modeling offers several PhD candidates positions that will work on
- Optimizing and operating urban sensor networks for measuring Greenhouse Gases (GHGs)
- Estimating biogenic GHG fluxes
- Computational Fluid dynamics (CFD) simulations for high-resolution atmospheric transport models
- Inverse modeling methods such as Compressed Sensing to assess urban GHG emissions
Interested applicants with an above-average degree in mathematics, computer science, information technology, electrical engineering, physics, mechanical engineering, or a comparable qualification may send their application including
- Detailed CV, including previous publications if applicable
- 1 page research statement, describing research interests and goals
- A list of previously taken courses and grades
- Summary of master thesis (not more than one page)
- Names and email addresses of 2-3 academic references
as a single PDF document via e-mail to email@example.com, with “Application CoSense4Climate” as the subject line.